Welcome to our in-depth comparison of two powerful Google Cloud-based platforms for running data science notebooks like Jupyter: Google Colab and Vertex AI Workbench. This video is designed to give you an understanding of their unique features, use-cases, and differences, to help you make an informed decision on which one to use for your projects.
In this video, we delve into:
- The general understanding of Google Colab within academia and researchers, and Vertex AI Workbench within enterprise business environments.
- A step-by-step guide to setting up Vertex AI Workbench: enabling APIs, creating a user-managed notebook, and exploring the range of pre-configured notebooks.
- A comparison of the cost and configurability of Vertex AI Workbench and Google Colab.
- How to set up a Google Colab environment: creating a new notebook, changing the runtime type, and attaching a GPU.
- A look into the integration capabilities of both platforms with the Google Cloud Platform, Google Workspace, and Google Drive.
- The differences in multi-user access and execution between the two platforms.
- The process of getting started with both Google Colab and Vertex AI Workbench.